Synonyms of upgrade
- 1. ascent, acclivity, rise, raise, climb, upgrade, slope, incline, side
- usage: an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn't make it up the rise"
- 2. upgrade, software, software program, computer software, software system, software package, package
- usage: software that provides better performance than an earlier version did
- 3. upgrade, reservation
- usage: a reservation that is improved; "I got an upgrade to first class when coach class was full"
- 4. upgrade, rise, rising slope, grade
- usage: the property possessed by a slope or surface that rises
- 5. upgrade, hardware, computer hardware
- usage: hardware that provides better performance than an earlier version did
- 6. upgrade, improvement
- usage: the act of improving something (especially machinery) by raising it to a higher grade (as by adding or replacing components); "the power plant received a new upgrade"
- 1. upgrade, rate, rank, range, order, grade, place
- usage: rate higher; raise in value or esteem
- 2. upgrade, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: to improve what was old or outdated; "I've upgraded my computer so I can run better software"; "The company upgraded their personnel"
- 3. promote, upgrade, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"; "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"; "I got promoted after many years of hard work"
- 4. upgrade, better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: get better travel conditions; "I upgraded to First Class when Coach Class was overbooked"
- 5. upgrade, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: give better travel conditions to; "The airline upgraded me when I arrived late and Coach Class was full"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of upgrade (Dictionary)