WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. untrue, false (vs. true)
- usage: not according with the facts; "unfortunately the statement was simply untrue"
- 2. untrue, unfaithful (vs. faithful)
- usage: not true to an obligation or trust; "is untrue to his highest opportunity and duty"-Bruno Laske
- 3. out of true, untrue, uneven (vs. even)
- usage: not accurately fitted; not level; "the frame was out of true"; "off-level floors and untrue doors and windows"
- 4. false, untrue, inconstant (vs. constant)
- usage: (used especially of persons) not dependable in devotion or affection; unfaithful; "a false friend"; "when lovers prove untrue"
All rights reserved.
See also: untrue (Dictionary)