WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unsympathetic (vs. sympathetic), unsympathizing, unsympathising, uncompassionate, uncongenial#1, incompatible, unresponsive
- usage: not sympathetic or disposed toward; "unsympathetic officialdom"; "people unsympathetic to the revolution"; "his dignity made him seem aloof and unsympathetic"
- 2. unsympathetic (vs. sympathetic), unappealing, unlikeable, unlikable
- usage: (of characters in literature or drama) tending to evoke antipathetic feelings; "all the characters were peculiarly unsympathetic"
- 3. closed, unsympathetic, unreceptive (vs. receptive)
- usage: not having an open mind; "a closed mind unreceptive to new ideas"
- 4. unkindly, unsympathetic, unkind (vs. kind)
- usage: lacking in sympathy and kindness; "unkindly ancts"
- 5. disagreeable, unsympathetic, uncongenial (vs. congenial), incompatible
- usage: not agreeing with your tastes or expectations; "found the task disagreeable and decided to abandon it"; "a job temperamentally unsympathetic to him"
All rights reserved.
See also: unsympathetic (Dictionary)