WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unstable (vs. stable), coseismic, coseismal, crank, cranky, tender, tippy, explosive, volatile, rickety, shaky, wobbly, wonky, rocky, seismic, seismal, tipsy, top-heavy, tottering, volcanic, impermanent#1, temporary, inconstant, unsteady
- usage: lacking stability or fixity or firmness; "unstable political conditions"; "the tower proved to be unstable in the high wind"; "an unstable world economy"
- 2. unstable, reactive (vs. unreactive)
- usage: highly or violently reactive; "sensitive and highly unstable compounds"
- 3. precarious, unstable, uneasy (vs. easy)
- usage: affording no ease or reassurance; "a precarious truce"
- 4. mentally ill, unsound, unstable, insane (vs. sane)
- usage: suffering from severe mental illness; "of unsound mind"
- 5. unstable, irresolute (vs. resolute)
- usage: disposed to psychological variability; "his rather unstable religious convictions"
- 6. fluid, unstable, changeable (vs. unchangeable), changeful
- usage: subject to change; variable; "a fluid situation fraught with uncertainty"; "everything was unstable following the coup"
All rights reserved.
See also: unstable (Dictionary)