WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unskilled (vs. skilled), artless, botchy, butcherly, unskillful, bungled, botched, bungling, clumsy, fumbling, incompetent, crude, rough, hopeless, humble, menial, lowly, lubberly, out of practice(predicate), rusty, semiskilled(prenominal), weak, incompetent, inexperienced#1, inexperient
- usage: not having or showing or requiring special skill or proficiency; "unskilled in the art of rhetoric"; "an enthusiastic but unskillful mountain climber"; "unskilled labor"; "workers in unskilled occupations are finding fewer and fewer job opportunities"; "unskilled workmanship"
- 2. amateurish, amateur, inexpert, unskilled, unprofessional (vs. professional)
- usage: lacking professional skill or expertise; "a very amateurish job"; "inexpert but conscientious efforts"; "an unskilled painting"
- 3. incompetent, unskilled, bad (vs. good)
- usage: not doing a good job; "incompetent at chess"
All rights reserved.
See also: unskilled (Dictionary)