WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. boisterous, rambunctious, robustious, rumbustious, unruly, disorderly (vs. orderly)
- usage: noisy and lacking in restraint or discipline; "a boisterous crowd"; "a social gathering that became rambunctious and out of hand"; "a robustious group of teenagers"; "beneath the rumbustious surface of his paintings is sympathy for the vulnerability of ordinary human beings"; "an unruly class"
- 2. disobedient, unruly, insubordinate (vs. subordinate)
- usage: unwilling to submit to authority; "unruly teenagers"
- 3. indocile, uncontrollable, ungovernable, unruly, unmanageable (vs. manageable), difficult
- usage: of persons; "the little boy's parents think he is spirited, but his teacher finds him unruly"
All rights reserved.
See also: unruly (Dictionary)