Synonyms of unreal
- 1. unreal (vs. real), dreamed(prenominal), envisioned, pictured, visualized, visualised, eye-deceiving, trompe-l'oeil(prenominal), fabled, legendary, fabricated, fancied, fictional, fictitious, fabulous, mythic, mythical, mythologic, mythological, fanciful, imaginary, notional, fantastic, fantastical, hallucinatory, illusional, illusionary, illusive, illusory, make-believe, pretend, artificial#1, unreal, counterfeit#1, imitative, insincere, supernatural, unrealistic
- usage: lacking in reality or substance or genuineness; not corresponding to acknowledged facts or criteria; "ghosts and other unreal entities"; "unreal propaganda serving as news"
- 2. unreal (vs. real), deceptive, delusory, dreamlike, surreal, phantom
- usage: not actually such; being or seeming fanciful or imaginary; "this conversation is getting more and more unreal"; "the fantastically unreal world of government bureaucracy"; "the unreal world of advertising art"
- 3. artificial (vs. natural), unreal, arranged, staged, bionic, bleached, colored, coloured, dyed, cardboard, unlifelike, celluloid, synthetic, conventionalized, conventionalised, stylized, stylised, dummy, ersatz, substitute, factitious, fake, false, faux, imitation, simulated, man-made, semisynthetic, synthetic, near, painted, counterfeit#1, imitative, unreal
- usage: contrived by art rather than nature; "artificial flowers"; "artificial flavoring"; "an artificial diamond"; "artificial fibers"; "artificial sweeteners"
- 4. insubstantial (vs. substantial), unsubstantial, unreal, aeriform, aerial, airy, aery, ethereal, shadowy, wraithlike, stringy, immaterial#3, nonmaterial
- usage: lacking material form or substance; unreal; "as insubstantial as a dream"; "an insubstantial mirage on the horizon"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of unreal (Dictionary)