WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unpretentious (vs. pretentious), honest, modest, unpompous, plain, tasteful
- usage: lacking pretension or affectation; "an unpretentious country church"; "her quiet unpretentious demeanor"
- 2. unostentatious (vs. ostentatious), unpretentious, unpretending, quiet, restrained
- usage: not ostentatious; "his unostentatious office"; "unostentatious elegance"
- 3. understated, unostentatious, unpretentious, tasteful (vs. tasteless)
- usage: exhibiting restrained good taste; "the room is pleasant and understated"
All rights reserved.
See also: unpretentious (Dictionary)