WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. improbable (vs. probable), unlikely, supposed(prenominal)
- usage: not likely to be true or to occur or to have occurred; "legislation on the question is highly unlikely"; "an improbable event"
- 2. unlikely (vs. likely), farfetched, implausible, last, outside, remote
- usage: has little chance of being the case or coming about; "an unlikely story"; "an unlikely candidate for reelection"; "a butcher is unlikely to preach vegetarianism"
- 3. improbable, unbelievable, unconvincing, unlikely, implausible (vs. plausible)
- usage: having a probability too low to inspire belief
All rights reserved.
See also: unlikely (Dictionary)