Synonyms of unlawful
- 1. improper, unconventional, unlawful, irregular (vs. regular)
- usage: not conforming to legality, moral law, or social convention; "an unconventional marriage"; "improper banking practices"
- 2. unlawful (vs. lawful), lawless, outlaw(prenominal), wide-open, lawless, wrongful, crooked#2, corrupt, illegal
- usage: contrary to or prohibited by or defiant of law; "unlawful measures"; "unlawful money"; "unlawful hunters"
- 3. unlawful, illicit (vs. licit)
- usage: not morally right or permissible; "unlawful love"
- 4. unlawful, wrongful, illegitimate (vs. legitimate)
- usage: having no legally established claim; "the wrongful heir to the throne"
- 5. illegitimate, illicit, outlaw(prenominal), outlawed, unlawful, illegal (vs. legal)
- usage: contrary to or forbidden by law; "an illegitimate seizure of power"; "illicit trade"; "an outlaw strike"; "unlawful measures"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of unlawful (Dictionary)