WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unit of measurement, unit, definite quantity
- usage: any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange; "the dollar is the United States unit of currency"; "a unit of wheat is a bushel"; "change per unit volume"
- 2. unit, part, portion, component part, component, constituent
- usage: an individual or group or structure or other entity regarded as a structural or functional constituent of a whole; "the reduced the number of units and installations"; "the word is a basic linguistic unit"
- 3. unit, social unit, organization, organisation
- usage: an organization regarded as part of a larger social group; "the coach said the offensive unit did a good job"; "after the battle the soldier had trouble rejoining his unit"
- 4. unit, whole
- usage: a single undivided whole; "an idea is not a unit that can be moved from one brain to another"
- 5. unit, building block, thing
- usage: a single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else; "units of nucleic acids"
- 6. whole, unit, object, physical object
- usage: an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity; "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"
All rights reserved.
See also: unit (Dictionary)