WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unsanitary (vs. sanitary), insanitary, unhealthful, unhygienic
- usage: not sanitary or healthful; "unsanitary open sewers"; "grim and unsanitary conditions"
- 2. unhealthful (vs. healthful), crippling, disabling, incapacitating, cytopathogenic, infective, morbific, pathogenic, unmedicinal, unmedicative, unmedical, nonmedicinal, unhealthy, septic#1, infected, toxic, unwholesome
- usage: detrimental to good health; "unhealthful air pollution"; "unhealthful conditions in old apartments with peeling lead-based paint"
- 3. insalubrious, unhealthful, unhealthy, unwholesome (vs. wholesome)
- usage: detrimental to health
All rights reserved.
See also: unhealthful (Dictionary)