WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unhappy (vs. happy), lovesick, miserable, suffering, wretched, dejected, discontented#1, discontent, dysphoric#1, distressed#2, unhappy, infelicitous, joyless, sad, sorrowful, depressing#1, cheerless#1, uncheerful
- usage: experiencing or marked by or causing sadness or sorrow or discontent; "unhappy over her departure"; "unhappy with her raise"; "after the argument they lapsed into an unhappy silence"; "had an unhappy time at school"; "the unhappy (or sad) news"; "he looks so sad"
- 2. dysphoric (vs. euphoric), distressed, unhappy, dejected, unhappy
- usage: generalized feeling of distress
- 3. unhappy, unpleasant (vs. pleasant)
- usage: causing discomfort; "the unhappy truth"
- 4. infelicitous, unhappy, unfortunate (vs. fortunate)
- usage: marked by or producing unhappiness; "infelicitous circumstances"; "unhappy caravans, straggling afoot through swamps and canebrakes"- American Guide Series
All rights reserved.
See also: unhappy (Dictionary)