WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unfavorable (vs. favorable), unfavourable, admonitory, admonishing, reproachful, reproving, adverse, inauspicious, untoward, disapproving, discriminatory, invidious, bad, critical, hostile, negative, uncomplimentary
- usage: not encouraging or approving or pleasing; "unfavorable conditions"; "an unfavorable comparison"; "unfavorable comments", "unfavorable impression"
- 2. unfavorable (vs. favorable), unfavourable, adverse, contrary, unpropitious
- usage: (of winds or weather) tending to hinder or oppose; "unfavorable winds"
- 3. unfavorable, unfavourable, bad (vs. good)
- usage: not favorable; "made an unfavorable impression"; "unfavorable reviews"
All rights reserved.
See also: unfavorable (Dictionary)