- 1. ripple, ruffle, riffle, cockle, undulate, flow, flux
- usage: stir up (water) so as to form ripples
- 2. roll, undulate
- usage: occur in soft rounded shapes; "The hills rolled past"
- 3. roll, undulate, flap, wave, move
- usage: move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion; "The curtains undulated"; "the waves rolled towards the beach"
- 4. undulate, change
- usage: increase and decrease in volume or pitch, as if in waves; "The singer's voice undulated"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. undulate, smooth (vs. rough)
- usage: having a wavy margin and rippled surface
All rights reserved.
See also: undulate (Dictionary)