WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. undertake, set about, attempt, initiate, pioneer
- usage: enter upon an activity or enterprise
- 2. undertake, tackle, take on, confront, face up, face
- usage: accept as a challenge; "I'll tackle this difficult task"
- 3. undertake, guarantee, promise, assure
- usage: promise to do or accomplish; "guarantee to free the prisoners"
- 4. contract, undertake, promise, assure
- usage: enter into a contractual arrangement
- 5. undertake, take in charge, accept, consent, go for
- usage: accept as a charge
All rights reserved.
See also: undertake (Dictionary)