- 1. underhand (vs. overhand), underhanded, underarm
- usage: with hand brought forward and up from below shoulder level; "an underhand pitch"; "an underhand stroke"
- 2. sneaky, underhand, underhanded, crooked (vs. straight), corrupt
- usage: marked by deception; "achieved success in business only by underhand methods"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. underhandedly, underhand
- usage: slyly and secretly; "Mean revenge, committed underhand"- John Donne; "oldline aristocratic diplomats underhandedly undermined the attempt...to align Germany with the Western democracies"- C.G.Bowers
- 2. underarm, underhand
- usage: with the hand swung below shoulder level; "throwing a ball underarm"
All rights reserved.
See also: underhand (Dictionary)