WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. uncontrollable, unmanageable, intractable (vs. tractable)
- usage: difficult to solve or alleviate; "uncontrollable pain"
- 2. indocile, uncontrollable, ungovernable, unruly, unmanageable (vs. manageable), difficult
- usage: of persons; "the little boy's parents think he is spirited, but his teacher finds him unruly"
- 3. uncontrollable, uncorrectable, unmanageable, incorrigible (vs. corrigible)
- usage: incapable of being controlled or managed; "uncontrollable children"; "an uncorrectable habit"
- 4. irrepressible, uncontrollable, uncontrolled (vs. controlled)
- usage: impossible to repress or control; "an irrepressible chatterbox"; "uncontrollable laughter"
All rights reserved.
See also: uncontrollable (Dictionary)