WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. uncongenial (vs. congenial), incompatible, disagreeable, unsympathetic, incompatible, unfriendly, unsympathetic
- usage: not suitable to your tastes or needs; "the uncongenial roommates were always fighting"; "the task was uncongenial to one sensitive to rebuffs"
- 2. hostile, uncongenial, unfriendly, inhospitable (vs. hospitable)
- usage: very unfavorable to life or growth; "a hostile climate"; "an uncongenial atmosphere"; "an uncongenial soil"; "the unfriendly environment at high altitudes"
- 3. uncongenial, incompatible (vs. compatible)
- usage: used of plant stock or scions; incapable of being grafted
All rights reserved.
See also: uncongenial (Dictionary)