WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unacceptable, unsatisfactory (vs. satisfactory)
- usage: not adequate to give satisfaction; "the coach told his players that defeat was unacceptable"
- 2. unacceptable (vs. acceptable), exceptionable, objectionable, unsatisfactory, unwelcome
- usage: not acceptable; not welcome; "a word unacceptable in polite society"; "an unacceptable violation of personal freedom"
- 3. impossible, insufferable, unacceptable, unsufferable, intolerable (vs. tolerable), unbearable, unendurable
- usage: used of persons or their behavior; "impossible behavior"; "insufferable insolence"
- 4. unacceptable, unaccepted, nonstandard (vs. standard)
- usage: not conforming to standard usage; "the following use of `access' was judged unacceptable by a panel of linguists; `You can access your cash at any of 300 automatic tellers'"
All rights reserved.
See also: unacceptable (Dictionary)