Synonyms of umbrella plant
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. umbrella plant, Indian rhubarb, Darmera peltata, Peltiphyllum peltatum, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: rhizomatous perennial herb with large dramatic peltate leaves and white to bright pink flowers in round heads on leafless stems; colonizes stream banks in the Sierra Nevada in California
- 2. umbrella plant, Eriogonum allenii, eriogonum
- usage: late blooming perennial plant of shale barrens of Virginia having flowers in flat-topped clusters
- 3. umbrella plant, umbrella sedge, Cyperus alternifolius, sedge
- usage: African sedge widely cultivated as an ornamental water plant for its terminal umbrellalike cluster of slender grasslike leaves
All rights reserved.