WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. subterranean, subterraneous, ulterior, covert (vs. overt)
- usage: lying beyond what is openly revealed or avowed (especially being kept in the background or deliberately concealed); "subterranean motives for murder"; "looked too closely for an ulterior purpose in all knowledge"- Bertrand Russell
- 2. ulterior, distant (vs. close), remote
- usage: beyond or outside an area of immediate interest; remote; "a suggestion ulterior to the present discussion"; "without...any purpose, immediate or ulterior"- G.B.Shaw
- 3. later(prenominal), ulterior, posterior, subsequent (vs. antecedent)
- usage: coming at a subsequent time or stage; "without ulterior argument"; "the mood posterior to"
All rights reserved.
See also: ulterior (Dictionary)