Synonyms of u
- 1. uracil, U, nucleotide, base
- usage: a base containing nitrogen that is found in RNA (but not in DNA) and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with adenine
- 2. uranium, U, atomic number 92, metallic element, metal
- usage: a heavy toxic silvery-white radioactive metallic element; occurs in many isotopes; used for nuclear fuels and nuclear weapons
- 3. U, u, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 21st letter of the Roman alphabet
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. u, upper-class (vs. lower-class) (vs. middle-class)
- usage: (chiefly British) of or appropriate to the upper classes especially in language use
All rights reserved.
See also: u (Dictionary)