WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. middle ear, tympanic cavity, tympanum, cavity, bodily cavity, cavum
- usage: the main cavity of the ear; between the eardrum and the inner ear
- 2. eardrum, tympanum, tympanic membrane, myringa, membrane, tissue layer
- usage: the membrane in the ear that vibrates to sound
- 3. kettle, kettledrum, tympanum, tympani, timpani, percussion instrument, percussive instrument
- usage: a large hemispherical brass or copper percussion instrument with a drumhead that can be tuned by adjusting the tension on it
All rights reserved.
See also: tympanum (Dictionary)