- 1. double, dual, twofold, two-fold, treble, threefold, three-fold, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; "a double (or dual) role for an actor"; "the office of a clergyman is twofold; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson; "every episode has its double and treble meaning"-Frederick Harrison
- 2. double, doubled, twofold, two-fold, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: twice as great or many; "ate a double portion"; "the dose is doubled"; "a twofold increase"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. twofold, two times
- usage: by a factor of two; "the price increased twofold last year"
All rights reserved.
See also: twofold (Dictionary)