- 1. twin, duplicate, parallel, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: duplicate or match; "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse"
- 2. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
- usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- 3. twin, grow
- usage: grow as twins; "twin crystals"
- 4. twin, give birth, deliver, bear, birth, have
- usage: give birth to twins
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. biparous, twinning, multiparous (vs. uniparous)
- usage: producing two offspring at a time
All rights reserved.
See also: twinning (Dictionary)