- 1. blink of an eye, flash, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute, moment, mo, minute, second, bit
- usage: a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"
- 1. flash, blink, wink, twinkle, winkle, radiate
- usage: gleam or glow intermittently; "The lights were flashing"
- 2. twinkle, winkle, scintillate, shine, beam
- usage: emit or reflect light in a flickering manner; "Does a constellation twinkle more brightly than a single star?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. twinkling(prenominal), bright (vs. dull)
- usage: shining intermittently with a sparkling light; "twinkling stars"
All rights reserved.
See also: twinkling (Dictionary)