- 1. twilight, dusk, gloaming, gloam, nightfall, evenfall, fall, crepuscule, crepuscle, hour, time of day
- usage: the time of day immediately following sunset; "he loved the twilight"; "they finished before the fall of night"
- 2. twilight, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: the diffused light from the sky when the sun is below the horizon but its rays are refracted by the atmosphere of the earth
- 3. twilight, decline, declination
- usage: a condition of decline following successes; "in the twilight of the empire"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dusky, twilight(prenominal), twilit, dark (vs. light)
- usage: lighted by or as if by twilight; "The dusky night rides down the sky/And ushers in the morn"-Henry Fielding; "the twilight glow of the sky"; "a boat on a twilit river"
All rights reserved.
See also: twilight (Dictionary)