Synonyms of turnout
- 1. turnout, gathering, assemblage
- usage: the group that gathers together for a particular occasion; "a large turnout for the meeting"
- 2. turnout, widening, part, portion
- usage: a part of a road that has been widened to allow cars to pass or park
- 3. siding, railroad siding, turnout, sidetrack, railroad track, railroad, railway
- usage: a short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass
- 4. output, outturn, turnout, product, production
- usage: what is produced in a given time period
- 5. outfit, getup, rig, turnout, attire, garb, dress
- usage: a set of clothing (with accessories); "his getup was exceedingly elegant"
- 6. turnout, attendance, attending
- usage: attendance for a particular event or purpose (as to vote in an election); "the turnout for the rally"
- 7. turnout, rotation, rotary motion
- usage: (ballet) the outward rotation of a dancer's leg from the hip
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of turnout (Dictionary)