Synonyms of turning away
- 1. avoidance, turning away, shunning, dodging, rejection
- usage: deliberately avoiding; keeping away from or preventing from happening
- 1. turn away, turn
- usage: move so as not face somebody or something
- 2. deflect, bend, turn away, turn
- usage: turn from a straight course, fixed direction, or line of interest
- 3. reject, turn down, turn away, refuse
- usage: refuse entrance or membership; "They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
- 4. avert, turn away, turn
- usage: turn away or aside; "They averted their eyes when the King entered"
All rights reserved.