Synonyms of turn up
- 1. cuff, turnup, lap, overlap
- usage: the lap consisting of a turned-back hem encircling the end of the sleeve or leg
- 1. come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up, appear
- usage: appear or become visible; make a showing; "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- 2. fold, fold up, turn up, change surface
- usage: bend or lay so that one part covers the other; "fold up the newspaper"; "turn up your collar"
- 3. locate, turn up, find, regain
- usage: discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining; "Can you locate your cousins in the Midwest?"; "My search turned up nothing"
- 4. prove, turn out, turn up, be
- usage: be shown or be found to be; "She proved to be right"; "The medicine turned out to save her life"; "She turned up HIV positive"
- 5. excavate, dig up, turn up, obtain
- usage: find by digging in the ground; "I dug up an old box in the garden"
All rights reserved.