Synonyms of tuck
- 1. tuck, comestible, edible, eatable, pabulum, victual, victuals
- usage: eatables (especially sweets)
- 2. tuck, position, posture, attitude
- usage: (sports) a bodily position adopted in some sports (such as diving or skiing) in which the knees are bent and the thighs are drawn close to the chest
- 3. tuck, pleat, plait
- usage: a narrow flattened pleat or fold that is stitched in place
- 4. rapier, tuck, sword, blade, brand, steel
- usage: a straight sword with a narrow blade and two edges
- 1. tuck, insert, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: fit snugly into; "insert your ticket into the slot"; "tuck your shirttail in"
- 2. tuck, fold, fold up, turn up
- usage: make a tuck or several folds in; "tuck the fabric"; "tuck in the sheet"
- 3. gather, pucker, tuck, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: draw together into folds or puckers
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tuck (Dictionary)