Synonyms of truth
- 1. truth, fact
- usage: a fact that has been verified; "at last he knew the truth"; "the truth is that he didn't want to do it"
- 2. truth, the true, verity, trueness, actuality
- usage: conformity to reality or actuality; "they debated the truth of the proposition"; "the situation brought home to us the blunt truth of the military threat"; "he was famous for the truth of his portraits"; "he turned to religion in his search for eternal verities"
- 3. truth, true statement, statement
- usage: a true statement; "he told the truth"; "he thought of answering with the truth but he knew they wouldn't believe it"
- 4. accuracy, truth, quality
- usage: the quality of being near to the true value; "he was beginning to doubt the accuracy of his compass"; "the lawyer questioned the truth of my account"
- 5. Truth, Sojourner Truth
- usage: United States abolitionist and feminist who was freed from slavery and became a leading advocate of the abolition of slavery and for the rights of women (1797-1883)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of truth (Dictionary)