Synonyms of trust
- 1. trust, property, belongings, holding
- usage: something (as property) held by one party (the trustee) for the benefit of another (the beneficiary); "he is the beneficiary of a generous trust set up by his father"
- 2. reliance, trust, certainty
- usage: certainty based on past experience; "he wrote the paper with considerable reliance on the work of other scientists"; "he put more trust in his own two legs than in the gun"
- 3. trust, trustingness, trustfulness, trait
- usage: the trait of believing in the honesty and reliability of others; "the experience destroyed his trust and personal dignity"
- 4. trust, corporate trust, combine, cartel, consortium, pool, syndicate
- usage: a consortium of independent organizations formed to limit competition by controlling the production and distribution of a product or service; "they set up the trust in the hope of gaining a monopoly"
- 5. faith, trust, belief
- usage: complete confidence in a person or plan etc; "he cherished the faith of a good woman"; "the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust"
- 6. confidence, trust, friendship, friendly relationship
- usage: a trustful relationship; "he took me into his confidence"; "he betrayed their trust"
- 1. trust, swear, rely, bank, believe
- usage: have confidence or faith in; "We can trust in God"; "Rely on your friends"; "bank on your good education"; "I swear by my grandmother's recipes"
- 2. trust, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: allow without fear
- 3. believe, trust, expect, anticipate
- usage: be confident about something; "I believe that he will come back from the war"
- 4. hope, trust, desire, wish
- usage: expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
- 5. entrust, intrust, trust, confide, commit, pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- usage: confer a trust upon; "The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret"; "I commit my soul to God"
- 6. trust, lend, loan
- usage: extend credit to; "don't trust my ex-wife; I won't pay her debts anymore"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of trust (Dictionary)