- 1. truss, bandage, patch
- usage: (medicine) a bandage consisting of a pad and belt; worn to hold a hernia in place by pressure
- 2. truss, framework
- usage: a framework of beams (rafters, posts, struts) forming a rigid structure that supports a roof or bridge or other structure
- 3. corbel, truss, bracket, wall bracket
- usage: (architecture) a triangular bracket of brick or stone (usually of slight extent)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. truss, tie, bind
- usage: tie the wings and legs of a bird before cooking it
- 2. tie down, tie up, bind, truss, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: secure with or as if with ropes; "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapers and bring them to the recycling shed"
- 3. truss, hold, support, sustain, hold up
- usage: support structurally; "truss the roofs"; "trussed bridges"
All rights reserved.
See also: truss (Dictionary)