WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shortness, truncation, lowness
- usage: the property of being truncated or short
- 2. truncation, carving, cutting
- usage: the replacement of an edge or solid angle (as in cutting a gemstone) by a plane (especially by a plane that is equally inclined to the adjacent faces)
- 3. truncation, shortening
- usage: the act of cutting short; "it is an obvious truncation of the verse"; "they were sentenced to a truncation of their limbs"
All rights reserved.
See also: truncation (Dictionary)