WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. truly, genuinely, really
- usage: in accordance with truth or fact or reality; "she was now truly American"; "a genuinely open society"; "they don't really listen to us"
- 2. rightfully, truly
- usage: by right; "baseball rightfully is the nation's pastime"
- 3. sincerely, unfeignedly, truly
- usage: with sincerity; without pretense; "she praised him sincerely for his victory"; "was unfeignedly glad to see his old teacher"; "we are truly sorry for the inconvenience"
- 4. in truth, really, truly
- usage: in fact (used as intensifiers or sentence modifiers); "in truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire"; "really, you shouldn't have done it"; "a truly awful book"
All rights reserved.
See also: truly (Dictionary)