WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trough, natural depression, depression
- usage: a narrow depression (as in the earth or between ocean waves or in the ocean bed)
- 2. gutter, trough, channel
- usage: a channel along the eaves or on the roof; collects and carries away rainwater
- 3. bowl, trough, concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
- usage: a concave shape with an open top
- 4. public treasury, trough, till, treasury, exchequer
- usage: a treasury for government funds
- 5. trough, receptacle
- usage: a long narrow shallow receptacle
- 6. manger, trough, container
- usage: a container (usually in a barn or stable) from which cattle or horses feed
All rights reserved.
See also: trough (Dictionary)