Synonyms of troubled
- 1. disturb, upset, trouble, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: move deeply; "This book upset me"; "A troubling thought"
- 2. trouble, put out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: to cause inconvenience or discomfort to; "Sorry to trouble you, but..."
- 3. perturb, unhinge, disquiet, trouble, cark, distract, disorder, disturb, upset, trouble
- usage: disturb in mind or make uneasy or cause to be worried or alarmed; "She was rather perturbed by the news that her father was seriously ill"
- 4. trouble oneself, trouble, bother, inconvenience oneself, strive, reach, strain
- usage: take the trouble to do something; concern oneself; "He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday"; "Don't bother, please"
- 5. trouble, ail, pain, hurt
- usage: cause bodily suffering to and make sick or indisposed
- 1. troubled (vs. untroubled), annoyed, harassed, harried, pestered, vexed, anxious, nervous, queasy, uneasy, unquiet, buffeted, storm-tossed, tempest-tossed, tempest-tost, tempest-swept, careful, care-laden, heavy-laden, clouded, disquieted, distressed, disturbed, upset, worried, distressed, hard-pressed, hard put, in a bad way(predicate), fraught, hag-ridden, hagridden, tormented, haunted, mothy, stressed, distressed, struggling, suffering, troublous, concerned, unquiet
- usage: characterized by or indicative of distress or affliction or danger or need; "troubled areas"; "fell into a troubled sleep"; "a troubled expression"; "troubled teenagers"
- 2. disruptive, riotous, troubled, tumultuous, turbulent, unquiet (vs. quiet)
- usage: characterized by unrest or disorder or insubordination; "effects of the struggle will be violent and disruptive"; "riotous times"; "these troubled areas"; "the tumultuous years of his administration"; "a turbulent and unruly childhood"
All rights reserved.