- 1. tropic, latitude, line of latitude, parallel of latitude, parallel
- usage: either of two parallels of latitude about 23.5 degrees to the north and south of the equator representing the points farthest north and south at which the sun can shine directly overhead and constituting the boundaries of the Torrid Zone or tropics
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tropical, tropic, equatorial (vs. polar)
- usage: relating to or situated in or characteristic of the tropics (the region on either side of the equator); "tropical islands"; "tropical fruit"
- 2. tropical, tropic, hot (vs. cold)
- usage: of weather or climate; hot and humid as in the tropics; "tropical weather"
All rights reserved.
See also: tropic (Dictionary)