WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fiddling, footling, lilliputian, little, niggling, piddling, piffling, petty, picayune, trivial, unimportant (vs. important)
- usage: (informal) small and of little importance; "a fiddling sum of money"; "a footling gesture"; "our worries are lilliputian compared with those of countries that are at war"; "a little (or small) matter"; "a dispute over niggling details"; "limited to petty enterprises"; "piffling efforts"; "giving a police officer a free meal may be against the law, but it seems to be a picayune infraction"
- 2. superficial, trivial, insignificant (vs. significant), unimportant
- usage: of little substance or significance; "a few superficial editorial changes"; "only trivial objections"
- 3. trivial, frivolous (vs. serious)
- usage: concerned with trivialities; "a trivial young woman"; "a trivial mind"
All rights reserved.
See also: trivial (Dictionary)