- 1. stumble, trip, move
- usage: miss a step and fall or nearly fall; "She stumbled over the tree root"
- 2. trip, trip up
- usage: cause to stumble; "The questions on the test tripped him up"
- 3. travel, trip, jaunt
- usage: make a trip for pleasure
- 4. trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off, initiate, pioneer
- usage: put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
- 5. trip, trip out, turn on, get off
- usage: get high, stoned, or drugged; "He trips every weekend"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lilting, swinging, swingy, tripping, rhythmical (vs. unrhythmical), rhythmic
- usage: characterized by a buoyant rhythm; "an easy lilting stride"; "the flute broke into a light lilting air"; "a swinging pace"; "a graceful swingy walk"; "a tripping singing measure"
- 2. light, lightsome, tripping, light-footed (vs. heavy-footed)
- usage: moving easily and quickly; nimble; "the dancer was light and graceful"; "a lightsome buoyant step"; "walked with a light tripping step"
All rights reserved.
See also: tripping (Dictionary)