WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rottenstone, tripoli, limestone
- usage: a weathered and decomposed siliceous limestone; in powdered form it is used in polishing
- 2. Tripoli, Tarabulus Al-Gharb, capital of Libya
- usage: the capital and chief port and largest city of Libya; in northwestern Libya on the Mediterranean Sea; founded by the Phoenicians in the 7th century BC
- 3. Tarabulus, Tripoli, Tarabulus Ash-Sham, Trablous
- usage: a port city and commercial center in northwestern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea
All rights reserved.
See also: tripoli (Dictionary)