- 1. trill, shake, note, musical note, tone
- usage: a note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it
- 2. trill, articulation
- usage: the articulation of a consonant (especially the consonant `r') with a rapid flutter of the tongue against the palate or uvula; "he pronounced his R's with a distinct trill"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trill, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: pronounce with a trill, of the phoneme `r'; "Some speakers trill their r's"
- 2. warble, trill, quaver, sing
- usage: sing or play with trills, alternating with the half note above or below
All rights reserved.
See also: trill (Dictionary)