Synonyms of treat
- 1. dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat, nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
- usage: something considered choice to eat
- 2. treat, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an occurrence that causes special pleasure or delight
- 1. treat, handle, do by, interact
- usage: interact in a certain way; "Do right by her"; "Treat him with caution, please"; "Handle the press reporters gently"
- 2. process, treat, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition; "process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals" ; "treat an oil spill"
- 3. treat, care for
- usage: provide treatment for; "The doctor treated my broken leg"; "The nurses cared for the bomb victims"; "The patient must be treated right away or she will die"; "Treat the infection with antibiotics"
- 4. cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address, broach, initiate
- usage: act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- 5. treat, give, gift, present
- usage: provide with a gift or entertainment; "Grandmother always treated us to the circus"; "I like to treat myself to a day at a spa when I am depressed"
- 6. regale, treat, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide with choice or abundant food or drink; "Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating"; "She treated her houseguests with good food every night"
- 7. treat, negociate
- usage: engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement; "they had to treat with the King"
- 8. treat, react, respond
- usage: regard or consider in a specific way; "I treated his advances as a joke"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of treat (Dictionary)