WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. treasury, exchequer, funds, finances, monetary resource, cash in hand, pecuniary resource
- usage: the funds of a government or institution or individual
- 2. treasury, government department
- usage: the government department responsible for collecting and managing and spending public revenues
- 3. Treasury, Treasury obligations, government bond
- usage: negotiable debt obligations of the United States government which guarantees that interest and principal payments will be paid on time
- 4. Treasury, First Lord of the Treasury, cabinet minister
- usage: the British cabinet minister responsible for economic strategy
- 5. Department of the Treasury, Treasury Department, Treasury, United States Treasury, executive department
- usage: the federal department that collects revenue and administers federal finances; the Treasury Department was created in 1789
- 6. treasury, depository, deposit, depositary, repository
- usage: a depository (a room or building) where wealth and precious objects can be kept safely
All rights reserved.
See also: treasury (Dictionary)