WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. treadmill, exercise device
- usage: an exercise device consisting of an endless belt on which a person can walk or jog without changing place
- 2. treadmill, treadwheel, tread-wheel, mill, grinder, milling machinery
- usage: a mill that is powered by men or animals walking on a circular belt or climbing steps
- 3. treadmill, salt mine, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: a job involving drudgery and confinement
All rights reserved.
See also: treadmill (Dictionary)