WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sender, transmitter, communicator
- usage: someone who transmits a message; "return to sender"
- 2. vector, transmitter, agent
- usage: any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease; "mosquitos are vectors of malaria and yellow fever"; "fleas are vectors of the plague"; "aphids are transmitters of plant diseases"; "when medical scientists talk about vectors they are usually talking about insects"
- 3. transmitter, sender, set
- usage: set used to broadcast radio or tv signals
All rights reserved.
See also: transmitter (Dictionary)