WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transmission, transmittal, transmitting, sending
- usage: the act of sending a message; causing a message to be transmitted
- 2. transmission, communication, communicating
- usage: communication by means of transmitted signals
- 3. transmittance, transmission, coefficient
- usage: the fraction of radiant energy that passes through a substance
- 4. infection, contagion, transmission, incident
- usage: an incident in which an infectious disease is transmitted
- 5. transmission, transmission system, gear, gear mechanism
- usage: the gears that transmit power from an automobile engine via the driveshaft to the live axle
All rights reserved.
See also: transmission (Dictionary)