WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. translation, interlingual rendition, rendering, version, written record, written account
- usage: a written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language
- 2. translation, change of location, travel
- usage: a uniform movement without rotation
- 3. transformation, translation, change of integrity
- usage: the act of changing in form or shape or appearance; "a photograph is a translation of a scene onto a two-dimensional surface"
- 4. translation, transformation
- usage: (mathematics) a transformation in which the origin of the coordinate system is moved to another position but the direction of each axis remains the same
- 5. translation, organic process, biological process
- usage: (genetics) the process whereby genetic information coded in messenger RNA directs the formation of a specific protein at a ribosome in the cytoplasm
- 6. translation, paraphrase, paraphrasis
- usage: rewording something in less technical terminology
- 7. translation, displacement, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of uniform movement
All rights reserved.
See also: translation (Dictionary)